Home‎ > ‎Who We Are‎ > ‎

Monthly Meeting

Monthly Meetings

When:  the third Tuesday of every month at 5:30pm 

Where:  SLO Parks and Rec Offices at 1341 Nipomo between Pismo St. and Pacific St. in San Luis Obispo

Anyone interested in CCCMB is welcome to join the meeting.  In general, they last about 1.5-2 hours.

NOTE: Items in red relate to financial matters.  Items in blue indicate that a decision was made.


November 2012

posted Dec 18, 2012, 2:39 PM by Bill Jenkins

 

  Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers

 

MEETING Minutes November 20, 2012

 

Attending: Kathy Redden, Greg Bettencourt, Bill Jenkins, Frank Zika, Joe O’Donnell, John Cutter, Bob Nanninga, Doug Carscaden, Paul Reinhardt, Kelli Schonher, Jeannie Carpenter, Matt Bennetti, Rob Ermy, Romano Verlangia, Tim Sawchuck, Mary Bettencourt

 

I    Approval of minutes of previous meeting: Jeanne moved, Doug 2nd to approve, passed unanimously.

 

II   Agenda requests - Ask new folks why they came to meeting/their interest.

Romano suggested better straggler management. Point well taken and steps will be taken for big trail events.

Matt: impressed by the organization and would like to get more involved.

 

III   Committee Reports

1.      Trail Work – Froom-Johnson Connector & TrailWerks: Doug – Impressive turnout given the weather and the hike in.  Grassy sections still to be done. A few Wednesdays more to “buff”. Some folks – of all ages - arrived unprepared for the weather and/or trail-work. Kelli and Paul assigned them level ground with less hiking.

Frank: the turnout in bad weather indicates that there is a lot of demand for volunteer opportunities in SLO. Good thing the pavilion became available. Pop-ups very helpful. Doug’s dad is a great cook. Need more coffee. 6 xxl shirts left over. Greg: No recruitment done due to weather chaos, but Shelley did mention the need for help. Jeannie: triple the staff at registration and have crew leaders walk the line to see who is not properly dressed and may be able to go home and come back.

2.      Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: See report

3.      Publicity – Frank:

4.      FASTA – Doug: Update: excavator up on Dec. 1st. Good turnout on the workday with 5 crewleaders. Need to fill out City and 3CMB waivers

5.      Newsletter/Enewsletter – Lynne Latronica: Next newsletter in January and needs 3 or 4 stories to get started: transition to 3CMB/IMBA, trail building on Oats Peak, spotlight on new mayor of Morro Bay Jamie Irons,

6.      Membership & Volunteers – Paul: See report. Matt offered an application from Sales Force, which may be better for tracking volunteers, and thus potential crew leaders. Jeannie knows Sales Force and will work with Paul.

7.      Agency & Organization Reports - State Parks: Greg suggested allocating funds to help support Zachi’s crew while they are here, especially for mechanical support. John Cutter agrees and suggests $1,000 for parts/wear and tear. Jeanne moves, Paul 2nd to assign up to $2,000 for food and mechanical needs for Zachi’s crew. Passed unanimously.

County:

City: Forest Service:

8.      Organizational recruitment – Kelli: Any recruits from Sat. Nov. 17? Mike Jurassis, Chris Shaw, Eric Dube. Frank, Tim and Kelli will follow up.

9.      Education/Training Committee -     

10.  Bike Patrol at MdO – Greg R., Joe, Tim, Bob: No report

11.  Website/tech Committee – Tim, Lynne, Kelli: See report

12.  Financial Report – Jeanne: $20,935.40 total, $6K of which is FASTA’s.

 

IV  Items Requiring Discussion or Action

  1. Botanicals: Problematic but see Greg R’s suggestion/solution also Oates Peak/Zachi

Greg R. has proposed a process for volunteer organization for Botanicals. There is a conflict of dates between Botanicals and Oats Peak. Need 2-3 crew leaders with tools at the top of the grade to walk down Botanicals and clean out drains. Joe could leave the trailer at Ahearn’s. Doug will make a plan.

Doug will put the tool trailer out.

Need 4-5 people every day to supervise the CCC’s and run the flow-stick. Greg B. will put out email requests.

  1. Moving Dirt:
  2. IMBA Chapter Transition: No news

4.      IMBA Trail Care Crew – Update

5.      Wild Cherry Canyon “Matching Hours Plan” – Frank presented letter from Kara Blakeslee regarding the Maintenance Endowment and the Labor Endowment; reported that 450 hours pledged at the Nov. 17 workday.  Agreed to send message recruiting hours to the google group.

6.      Sexual Harassment Complaint – Greg B. reported a complaint from a volunteer and that the matter was resolved to the volunteer’s satisfaction. Reminded directors and crew leaders to remember to use only appropriate communications.

7.      Strava Issue: Discussion of whether or not to contact Strava to remove Cerro San Luis Rock Garden, Perfumo Rock Garden and Hazard Peak Trail at MdO from their race section list. Greg B. will ask Greg R. to contact Strava. Paul moved, Bob N. 2nd, approved unanimously. Will revisit issue in January.

8.      Lopez Trail (between Mt. Lowe on East Cuesta Ridge and High Mtn. Rd.) Inquiry re: interest in brushing this corridor. Joe concerned that some is in wilderness. Kathy Redden: we need to finish Sapwi first. Greg B. will email that we are unable, but that some people are working on it.

9.      Storage space for trailer and other equipment: space needed around the size of a double garage, but could be part of a warehouse, etc. Wally’s Bike Shop rents a deep lot and may have space for the trailer and other equipment. Kathy Longacre may have space on her property. Jeannie Carpenter may have space. John Cutter and Frank will talk with Wally about details.

10.  Holiday Party: Jeanne tentatively offers. Bill suggests considering January dates.

     

V News-worthy items for e-newsletter and/or website

 

VI  Other: 

 

VIII  Next Meeting: December 18, 2012, 5:30 p.m.


October 2012

posted Dec 18, 2012, 2:36 PM by Bill Jenkins

  Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers

 

MEETING MINUTES - October 16, 2012

 

Attending: Kathy Redden, Jonalee Istenes, Jeanne Mutziger, Greg Bettencourt, Bill Jenkins, Lynne Latronica, Frank Zika, Paul Rheinhardt, Greg Cummings, Kelli Schonher, Jeannie Carpenter, Joe O’Donnell, Ralph Battles, Kathy Battles, Greg R., Doug Cascaden, Bob Nanninga, Paul ?, Jonalee Istenes, Tim Sawchuck, Mary Bettencourt.

 

I    Approval of minutes of previous meeting: Bill J. approved, Bob N. 2nd

 

II   Agenda requests - Ask new folks why they came to meeting/their interest. Jonalee Istenes of Atascadero Land Preservation Society (ALPS) announced that Atascadero is starting a trails committee re: a section of the Anza Trail. Meeting will be Thurs. Oct. 18 @ 7pm. Fundraiser at Galaxy Theater November 8, 6:30. Contact Jonalee for tickets.

 

III   Committee Reports

1.      Trail Work – Morning Glory/FASTA: Greg R.: 40 fraternity volunteers and others cleaned drains and brushed. Well done! Announced FASTA elected officers. See report.

2.      Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: See report inc/spreadsheet.

3.      Publicity – Frank: passed around for Froom/Johnson workdays on Nov. 3 & 17. Greg B. would like to have a good turnout for MG/Botanicals. Frank will heavily notify of this workday on Froom/Johnson work day.

4.      FASTA – Ian, Tucker, Doug: Update:  Officers? Bylaws?

5.      Newsletter/E-newsletter – Lynne Latronica :  See report. Good rate of “opened” = 46% Constant Comment deletes “bounced” addresses.

6.      Membership & Volunteers – Paul: See report 3CMB’s new mailing address is CCCMB, P.O. Box 1022, SLO 93406.

7.      Agency & Organization Reports - City/Doug: PGE is working on the road between Mariposa Trail and ?, so will be closed. Doug will write up an announcement to be posted on Facebook, etc.  

8.      Organizational recruitment – Kelli: 10 people stopped at the 3cmb booth at the Eco-Festival. One is a good connection to the Atascadero motorcycle group.

9.      Education/Training Committee – John Cutter has agreed to be the Crew Leader Leader after 1st of year..   

10.  Bike Patrol at MdO – Greg R., Joe, Tim, Bob: No report.

11.  Website/tech Committee – No report

12.  Financial Report – Jeanne: Net income: $13,493.20 FASTA = $8,670. Balance = $21,419 including FASTA. Will have accounting through IMBA in 2013.

 

IV  Items Requiring Discussion or Action

  1. Santa Margarita Lake/Kathy Redden, Saturday Oct. 20 @ 9:30; needs Crew Leaders; mainly trimming. Needs mostly loppers.

Froom Connector DAYS/Doug: Nov. 3 – CCC’s are sending 30-40 members; are providing food and would like an estimate of expected #’s = 30-50 more. Planning dirt work as brushing will be done by then. Need crew leaders to help train CCC’s and some community members to fill out the crews. Nov 17 is TrailWerks – Probably on the Froom Ranch on Nov. 3; on Johnson Ranch & Froom Nov. 17. Brushing, dirt work, bridges and work on the private property to be done. May be open in the Spring. Frank suggests limiting the number internally at e.g. 200. Goal is to have as many crew leaders and each one to have a manageable sized crew. ** Extend an invitation to those being “turned away” e.g. offer breakfast, give schedule for next work day. Tim will send out email announcements including a photo of the t-shirt. Plan to buy 175 t-shirts. Paul & Doug will work on recruiting crew leaders. Bill will procure food & swag donations, food & swag gift-cards as well as email request to the group. Will be located at the Laguna playground. Frank needs one banner. Frank and others will be distributing posters; Tim posting on Facebook, etc. Frank will coordinate sign-in. Tap-it and CC Brewery for beer. Tri-tip for lunch w/veggie option. Carpooling from Laguna to near work site. Staggered exit from Laguna? Some Crew Leaders may drive in through the Filiponi Ranch.

 

  1. IMBA Chapter Transition: Update; How & when do we proceed with our “message & donation” campaign? Meeting Thurs. Nov. 8 6pm @ Jaffa.

 

3.      IMBA Summit Report: Bob – things we could do to enhance our trail-system for locals AND visitors, e.g. maps & sign-posts at intersections. Joe: info on volunteer recruitment, funds that IMBA uses for Public Lands Initiative advocacy; Mary: community system continuum of trails and parks, support that IMBA gives to Chapters; Greg – 3CMB may be entering a new phase to be explored at next strategic planning session. Organizational development is essential to stay in existence and stay effective.

 

4.      IMBA Trail Care Crew – Is it something we want to consider for 2012-13? Greg will request a date for the Spring. Frank, Jeannie, Jeanne and Mary will be on the committee.

 

5.      Wild Cherry Canyon “Matching Hours Plan” – How do we want to proceed? Or meeting? Reach out to various orgs, e.g. Atascadero Horsemen, ECOSLO. Consensus to tell Kara that 3CMB will go forward with hour-matching.

 

6.      Google Group/Communications Problems/Issues:

 

7.      Oats Peak Plan: Weekly workdays and Plan for Zachi’s visit in first week in December (Nov. thru Dec. 9. (rain days of 2nd and 3rd weekends of December. Brushing starts on Wed. Oct. 24, 8:30 at the MdO Quonset hut.

 

8.      Decal distribution plan: Free or sell or some combination. Bill has given to bike shops, who will post them on their windows, etc.; they will be given to members, to volunteers at trail works and to folks who come up and have a conversation at a booth. Kelli moves to give Bill $500 more for when we run out. Passed unanimously.

 

9.      Tools: Order and distribution. There are 12 loppers missing. Joe will order Fiskers, which the company will replace if broken, up to 24 loppers.

     

V News-worthy items for e-newsletter and/or website

 

VI  Other:

 

VIII  Next Meeting: November 20, 2012, 5:30 p.m.

September 2012

posted Dec 18, 2012, 2:35 PM by Bill Jenkins

Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers

 

MEETING MEETINGS September 4, 2012

 

Attending: Kathy Redden, Greg Bettencourt, Bill Jenkins, Bob Nanninga, Tim Sawchuck, Jim Atchison, Jeannie Carpenter, Tucker Fritsch, Frank Zika, Kelli Schohner, Mary Bettencourt

 

I   Approval of minutes of previous meeting.  

 

II   Agenda requests - Ask new folks why they came to meeting/their interest.

III   Committee Reports

1.      Trail Work

2.      Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: See report

3.      Publicity – Frank: John Cutter and Bill Mulder are working on Fall Trailwerks T-shirt design.

4.      FASTA – Tucker: improving water system, using some from spring, moved the kiosk due to optics right of way, calendar developed. Ian working on the first turn. Bylaws are passed and officers are elected. Event at Brewery to encourage more participation.

5.      Newsletter/Enewsletter – Lynne Latronica: See report. To be sent out next week.

6.      Membership & Volunteers – Paul: See report. Tim is incorporating the 3cmb list with IMBA’s format.

7.      Agency & Organization Reports (State Parks, County, City, Forest Service, Bike Coalition):  State Parks - Doug, Tim, Greg, etc: Tim will finalize text and designs for trailhead signs and forward to Frank.

8.      Education/Training Committee - Kelli: Justin Maytum’s Senior Project report is posted on the 3CMB Education site: The Dirt on Dirt.

9.      Bike Patrol at MdO – Greg R., Joe, Tim, Bob:

10.  Website/tech Committee – Tim, Lynne, Kelli: No report

11.  Financial Report – Jeanne:  No report.

 

IV  Items Requiring Discussion or Action

  1. IMBA Chapter Program Discussion & Decision – Bylaws, Charter, Final Vote: Discussed Section 18 requirement for any 3CMB employee to be managed by IMBA. Not a deal-breaker. Discussed what constitutes a quorum: simple majority. Terms of office: 2 year terms, 2 term limit. Article 7: Board shall be not less than 5 directors and no more than 20. Agreed on the need to review Chapter status in depth in one year, with the understanding that it may take as long as 2 years to fully know community and financial impacts. Greg will find out “When do members receive the first IMBA email?”  So we will know when to have our education plan in place.

Bob Nanninga moves, Tim 2nd CCCMB become an IMBA Chapter beginning in 2013 and that cccmb revisits that decision yearly, with the understanding that if the Directors are dissatisfied with the relationship, the affiliation will be ended.

2.      Moving Dirt –   Tabled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3.      2012-13 goal setting; Choose a manageable number of goals to work on this year, e.g. solidifying process & have a plan for recruiting to directors group.

Reviewed all of the proposed tasks from the Strategic Plan of 2010 and conclude that we had achieved or were working on all the significant ones.  But that the five below might be appropriate goals for 2012-13.

Voted to choose 2.  One of which would be the organizational follow-through required by becoming a Chapter.

Trail Etiquette – 0 votes

Recruitment to Leadership Core, including Crew Leaders – 8 votes

Maximizing Volunteers/Volunteer Communication – 9 votes

Community Partnerships – 3 votes

We chose Recruitment to Leadership Core unanimously because after looking at the Recruitment Process that had been developed earlier it was decided that by focusing on this goal we could also make progress on the Maximizing Volunteers goal.

Frank volunteered to work on community partnerships.

 

4.      IMBA Trail Care Crew – Is it something we want to consider for 2012-13? Frank, Bob and Bill say “yes!” Will investigate options at the IMBA Summit at Santa Fe.  And make a decision at October meeting.

5.      Guidelines for being a CCCMB sponsor – do we need some?  Do we care? Tabled. To be worked on at a later date.  Greg will respond to inquiry about law firm sponsorship.

      

V News-worthy items for e-newsletter and/or website

 

VI  Other: 

Frank is beginning to plan for TrailWerks. 

 

 

VIII  Next Meeting: October 16, 2012, 5:30 p.m.

August 2012

posted Dec 18, 2012, 2:31 PM by Bill Jenkins   [ updated Dec 18, 2012, 2:32 PM ]

  Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers

 

MEETING Minutes August 22, 2012

Attending: Kathy Redden, Kelly ___?___, Jeanne Mutzinger, Greg Bettencourt, Bill Jenkins, Jim Atchison, Tim Sawchuck, John Cutter, Frank Zika, Kelli Schonher, Jeannie Carpenter, Bob Nanninga, Greg Robertson, Doug Carscaden, Lynne Latronica, Mary Bettencourt.

 

I    Approval of minutes of previous meeting: Bob Nanninga moved to approve, Jeanne Mutzinger 2nd.

 

II   Agenda requests - Ask new folks why they came to meeting/their interest. No guests this meeting.

 

III   Committee Reports

1.      Trail Work –

2.      Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: Decide on bike shop sponsorship program. $150 for cost of TrailWerks events, t-shirts, food and drinks. Plus 5 gift cards of $25 ea. $300 for bells with shop logo Discussion of other donors, e.g. Long Riders.

3.      Publicity – Frank: Will distribute schedules to WOWies.

4.      FASTA – Ian, Tucker, Doug: Update: $2,500 from Wells Fargo, 5 dedicated work days, new feature outside of Lower Grove, a “Fat Skinny”, moved bench and added another one with a connection to make another feature. Convicts to work on shaping the logs in Lower Grove.

5.      Newsletter/E-newsletter – Lynne Latronica:  Paper or just e-newsletter? Just e-newsletter. Lynne has sent copy for next email. Please proof and return before Sept.

6.      Membership & Volunteers – Paul: See report.

7.      Agency & Organization Reports: County: Kathy – permits, etc. progressing for Sapwi;

City: Doug – TrailWerks Nov. 3 at Froom

Forest Service: Greg - conference call Wed. 8/22 for Non-motorized trail users committee, Bike Coalition): State Parks.

8.      Education/Training Committee - Kelli: Pacific Crest Trail training in Tahoe; great training, but the land managers don’t really use the curriculum.

9.      Bike Patrol at MdO – Greg R., Joe, Tim, Bob: No report.

10.  Website/tech Committee – Tim, Lynne, Kelli: Need for committee meeting?  Tim will make Facebook changes working with Jeanne.

11.  Financial Report – Jeanne: No report at this time. Tim and Jeanne will develop a method for donors to specify their “field of interest”, e.g. FASTA, general, etc.

 

IV  Items Requiring Discussion or Action

  1. IMBA Chapter Program Discussion & Decision – Things to do before Sept 4 mtg: Application to be submitted 8/22; 3cmb sub-committee worked on by-laws today: include “multi-use element”; have Pres., VP, Treas., Sec. and “not more than 20 directors”; only Board of Directors vote; need clarification about how donations from “major donors” are accepted, i.e. through IMBA or not? There will be a charter to sign; forthcoming from Patrick. The committee will distribute the proposed bylaws, to be approve, or not, at Sept. 4 meeting. Artwork = our logo with a small IMBA logo below it.

2.      Moving Dirt – How to handle flow-stick in heavy brush? Zachi & Drew both suggested: just walk your 5% line and try to find a natural drain as a target for the line of the flow-stick and cut a 4 ft. path..  We will experiement with that before Zachi comes.

3.      Draft Fall/Winter trail-work schedule – Adopted:

Oct. 7, Sun. – Morning Glory 10 am @ Eucs

Oct. 20, Sat. – SML 9:30 am River Rd. entrance

Nov. 3, Sat. – Froom 9 am Home Depot east side parking lot

Nov. 17, Sat. – Froom TrailWerks 8 am Laguna Lake Park

Dec. 1, Sat. – Botanicals 9 am Top of the Grade

Dec. 16, Sun. – MdO 9 am Hazard Peak parking

Jan. 12, Sat. – Morning Glory & FASTA Freeride area 9:30 am

Feb. 3, Sun. – MdO Super Bowl Sunday 8 am Spooner’s Cove

 

4.      2012-13 goal setting; solidifying process for recruiting to directors group. Directors to review strategic plan summary, choose TWO areas to address and be ready to discuss Sept. 4.

5.      WOW week “Day of Service” – Kelli: so far no one stepping up to lead a crew. John Cutter: make a pitch. Frank: pitch = we are a non-profit that works on trails for cyclists, runners, etc. Help us by texting, tweeting, etc. their friends.  Decided no WOWie work day.  Just hand out schedules.

6.      Decals: review samples – Bill presented multiple versions for bumpers stickers/bike stickers, etc. Tim moved to spend up to $400 for stickers; Jeanne 2nd.

7.      IMBA Trail Care Crew – Is it something we want to consider for 2012-13? Possibly. Will revisit Sept. 4 with more info.

      

V News-worthy items for e-newsletter and/or website  

 

VI  Other:  Crested Butte trip Sept. 24 to Sept. 30. There are vacancies.

 

VIII  Next Meeting: September 4, 2012, 5:30 p.m. JUST TWO WEEKS

July 2012

posted Dec 18, 2012, 2:28 PM by Bill Jenkins   [ updated Dec 18, 2012, 2:29 PM ]

Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers

 

MEETING Minutes July 17, 2012

 

Attending: Kathy Redden, Jeanne Mutzinger, Greg Bettencourt, Bill Jenkins, Tim Sawchuck, Paul Reinhardt, Jim Atchison, Joe O’Donnell, Lynne Latronica, Kelli Schonher, Greg Robertson, Ian Anderson, Bob Nanninga, Frank Zika, Doug Carscaden, John Griesser, Mary Bettencourt.

 

I    Approval of minutes of previous meeting.  Bill moved, Tim 2nd, approved unanimously.

 

II   Agenda requests - Ask new folks why they came to meeting/their interest. None.

III   Committee Reports

1.      Trail Work – MdO: Tim: 20, East Boundary/Islay Creek brushed and cleared, and on the North Hazard Peak section.

2.      Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: What to do with outdated maps: MdO and W. Cuesta? Use the W. Cuesta maps, do not continue to use MdO maps.

3.      Publicity – Frank: waiting for Fall Schedule.

4.      FASTA – Ian: shed has been built in the lower grove. Kiosk has been built and looks good also. Maps are ready to be laminated. Tom is working on the next batch of signs. Doug: Update: Map of open space will go on/in the kiosk.

5.      Newsletter/E-newsletter – Lynne Latronica :  late August = end of season stats, recruitment, possibly info on the IMBA Chapter

6.      Membership & Volunteers – Paul: Total is 1,000 hours over last year. Average number of workers per workday is lower. Increased hours due to counting extra work, e.g. Tuesdays at MdO, Thursdays at Lopez, etc.

7.      Agency & Organization Reports (State Parks, County, City, Forest Service, Bike Coalition):  State Parks - Doug, Tim, Greg, etc: a)  

8.      Education/Training Committee - Kelli: Volunteer appreciation process is still being formed.  

9.      Bike Patrol at MdO – Greg R., Joe, Tim, Bob: no real progress due to new ranger contact.

10.  Website/tech Committee – Tim, Lynne, Kelli:

11.  Financial Report – Jeanne: $17,54432 Total. ($4,880.63/FASTA, $12,663.69/3CMB).

 

IV  Items Requiring Discussion or Action

  1. IMBA Chapter Program Discussion & Decision:  multi-use issue; committee, time-line; by-laws; etc.

Pro: Jeanne can do the financials without duplication of efforts for SLOPOST = 3CMB “hands on financial.

Pro: IMBA takes over membership data management. (Paul will continue to do volunteer hours.)

Pro: Potentially more members. (More of our workers may become members.) IMBA states that membership usually goes up. IMBA puts time and resources into member recruitment.

Pro: Potentially more income, which may be used in bigger projects.

Pro: Donations specifically going to 3CMB.

Pro: Increased national advocacy.

Con: Alienation of people who may not like IMBA. Some 3CMB supporters may not want to support IMBA financially.

Con: Will double each members cost (up from $15 to $35).

Con: Costs $500 to become a chapter.

Con: It will take some energy and planning to support 3CMB’s policy of maintaining, designing and installing multi-use trails.

Con: Someone will have to fill out all the forms for the application.

Pro: Jeanne loves filling out forms.



 

Con: Board structure is called by IMBA. This may be dictated by the IRS requirement for non-profits.

Con: Potentially monumental task to integrate.

Pro: The IMBA requirement for board structure would motivate 3CMB to make some changes that have been discussed at previous meetings.

Pro: IMBA is a national organization from which to learn. We have benefitted from IMBA and do still: Joey Klein, Rachel and Nat, trail-building publications, bike-park building publications, insurance.

Con: Potentially increased # of communications to members = spamming?

Tonight: discuss the possibility of pursuing the process.

August: work on the application.

September: If IMBA accepts the application, formally vote on it at 3CMB meeting. That’s when you start the artwork, the spreadsheet work, the financial work, drafts of letters to be sent to members, by-laws, etc. Jeanne, Paul, Megan (graphic designerJ), Joe, Lynne, Tim, Greg.

Oct. 19: finish the process.

OK to be ahead of schedule.

Bob moves to continue investigating the process.  Directors agreed by concensus to initiate the Chapter status process.

A letter should be sent out to the membership outlining the direction being taken.

Committee: Greg, Jeanne, Paul, and ?

 


Pros:

·        CCCMB hands on financials

·        IMBA takes over membership

·        Potentially more members

·        Increase regional/national advocacy

·        Donations specifically going to CCCMB

 

Cons:

·        Some people don’t like IMBA

·        Cost – membership up from $15 to $35 + costs CCCMB to join

·        Extra effort to separate funds

·        Board structure imposed by IMBA

·        Excessive emails from IMBA?


 

2.      Moving Dirt – How to handle flow-stick in heavy brush – looking for answers.              

3.      Wild Cherry Canyon 25,000 Volunteer Hours Goal: Tabled pending next response by Kara Blakeslee.  Tabled for lack of info.

4.      Request to change Sept. meeting date to Sept. 4 – approved.

5.      August to-do list: work schedule; newsletter (paper? Enews?); 2012-13 goal setting; solidifying process for recruiting to directors group.

6.      Decals: review samples – do before IMBA is decided.

7.      ECOSLO dates at Lopez and SML:  Do they work for us? Bill will talk to Tim at Lopez, Kathy R. will talk to Chuck at SML about whether they would like to 3CMB to coordinate with ECOSLO?

      

V News-worthy items for e-newsletter and/or website

 

VI  Other: 

 

VIII  Next Meeting: August 21, 2012, 5:30 p.m.

June 2012

posted Dec 18, 2012, 2:27 PM by Bill Jenkins   [ updated Dec 18, 2012, 2:29 PM ]

Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers

 

Meeting Minutes June 19, 2012

 

Attending: Kathy Redden, Jeanne Mutziger, Greg Bettencourt, Bill Jenkins, Joe O’Donnell, Bob Nanninga, Tim Sawchuck, Frank Zika, Paul Reinhardt, Kelli Schonher, Jeannie Carpenter, Jim Atchison, Doug Carscaden, Greg Robertson, Mary Bettencourt.

 

I    Approval of minutes of previous meeting: Bill moved, Jeanne 2nd.  

 

II   Agenda requests - Ask new folks why they came to meeting/their interest. Jeannie: is interesting in seeing the “big picture” of 3cmb and how it operates.

III   Committee Reports

1.      Trail Work – Lopez – Bill: 23 workers worked on ½ the trail, got ¾ of that done. (due to ground bees…).

2.      Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: See report

3.      Publicity – Frank: no report

4.      FASTA – Ian, Tucker, Doug: Update: Compliance issues report. No report.

5.      Newsletter/E-newsletter – Lynne Latronica: see report (newsletter coming out in Aug/Sept.)

6.      Membership & Volunteers – Paul: see report

7.      Agency & Organization Reports:

State: Bells need to be transferred from bottom of Hazard Peak to the top.

Forest Service: Non-motorized Trail-users Committee Meeting in Goleta Thursday noon. Greg B., Kathy Longacre will attend, possibly Joe, Kelli S. and Greg R. Forest Service goals may be : Comprehensive programmatic trail plan, comprehensive leadership training plan, maintenance training curriculum (Chris Orr and associate are working to create the maintenance piece.)

Jamie Irons & Noah Smuckler are now elected officials in Morro Bay.

8.      Education/Training Committee – Kelli will attend the Pacific Crest Trail education classes in July in Tahoe.   

9.      Bike Patrol at MdO – Tim: Ranger James has completed bike patrol training and DPR is planning purchase of a suitable bike.

10.  Website/tech Committee – Tim, Lynne, Kelli: see report.

11.  Financial ReportJeanne: $6,122.16.

 

IV  Items Requiring Discussion or Action

  1. MdO – Tim: looking for the power hedger and 3 operators, loppers, rakes and pitchforks, hand saws. Need 6-8 crew leaders. Greg B. has chips, drinks and the cooler. Greg B. has the banners.  No pre-ride. Bottom of Hazard Peak, North Hazard Peak Trail, North East Boundary.

2.      Moving Dirt –              

3.      IMBA Summit – Oct. 10-13. Moved by Jeanne and 2nd by Doug to pay registration for directors ($400 each) who would like to attend up to total of $6,000.

4.      IMBA Chapter discussion: Greg will forward the considerable information sent by Patrick Kell which answers all of the questions we asked him.  We will decide at the July meeting whether or not to become an IMBA Chapter.

5.      Recruiting to Directors Group: Our Strategy, timeline. Frank suggests identifying members who might be interested in attending, specifically and personally inviting them to the board meeting, sending a pre-meeting email to membership, making a 2-day follow-up to new attendees. At the meeting, Mary will make their names BOLD, offer to send minutes (get their email addresses); Greg B. or other directors will ask them their interest, if they have questions, etc.

6.      Crew leader acknowledgementBill will go on Google Docs and clear up who has a hat and IS a crew leader. Then Paul will analyze the document to see who has been active.

7.      Donor & member list on newsletter: yes/no? Businesses = yes. Individuals = only with permission.

8.      Wild Cherry Canyon fundraising: repeat the matching donation offer i.e. 3CMB will donate $500 to the effort. Greg will ask Kara how to donate hours matched to monetary donations, e.g. “3CMB will match an hour of work for every $___ donated.”

9.      Awareness Day at MdO – tabled.

10.  Neil Havlik’s goodbye party – Greg and Kelli & Joe will attend.

      

V Newsworthy items for e-newsletter and/or website

 

VI  Other Good News:  Doug announced license approval of Filiponi license for open space. Once all of the agreements have been signed, this can be joyfully announced.

Joe showed the group a decal from the Oakridge. Bill has been pricing them. They will come up with options and present in July.

Bill: Jodie, who lives at the base of Irish Hills trails, will check the bell boxes and her sons will run over and replenish the bell box. Yay!

 

VIII  Next Meeting: July 17, 2012, 5:30 p.m.

May 2012

posted Jul 8, 2012, 11:59 AM by Bill Jenkins

  Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers

MEETING Minutes May 15, 2012

 

Attending: Kathy Redden, Christie Cutter, Greg Bettencourt, Jeanne Mutzinger, John Cutter, Tim Sawchuck, Doug Carscaden, Lynne Latronica, Bill Jenkins, Jim Atchison, Kelli Schonher, Stephanie ____, Bob Nanninga, Ben Broshears, Frank Zika, Ian Anderson, Mary Bettencourt

 

I    Approval of minutes of previous meeting: Jeanne approved, Kelli 2nd.  

 

II   Agenda requests – Ben attended the open house.

 

III   Committee Reports

1.      Trail Work – Fernandez – Good turnout.

2.      Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: See report

3.      Publicity – Frank: Structuring/restructuring this committee. Focus of Frank’s efforts will change from recruiting dirt workers to recruiting skilled, experienced folks to join the CCCMB Directors group.  Will do this as part of a organization wide effort.

4.      FASTA – Ian, Tucker, Doug: Update: Compliance issues report. Tom has made permanent, routed wooden signs for entrances, features, etc. There will be a sign at the staging area – in process. Installed bridge across the “double rolling drain dip”.  FASTA will be in compliance after May 20 workday.

5.      Newsletter/Enewsletter – Lynne Latronica: per submitted report. 505 sent 203 opened (same as last time) 45 click throughs, 17 bounces.  Next one in Sept and will contain Fall/Winter Schedule. Everyone: please submit information for next e-newsletter.

6.      Membership & Volunteers – Paul: report submitted.

7.      Agency & Organization Reports:

SMLake/Sapwi Trail – Kathy R.: waiting for biologist to submit report to the County. Involves seriously heavy brushwork.

State Parks: State Parks staff has invited 3CMB to start discussions of next project following Oats Peak.

Forest Service: The new Non-Motorized Trail Users Committee met on 5/14 and agreed on four goals for working with the Los Padres FS: 1) Forest wide biological analysis to determine what trails can be worked on; 2) Streamline process for getting permission to do a trail project; 3) Continue crew leader training process (VWA) – Forest wide and Forest approved; 4) Establish a maintenance training for crew leaders based on standards which are Forest-wide and Forest approved. Meeting with the Forest Service at noon, Thurs. June 21. NMTU Committee meets for lunch at noon.

8.      Education/Training Committee - Kelli: Tim moves, Kelli 2nd to donate $100 to the Pacific Crest Trail Association in thanks for sending their trail work curriculum materials.

9.      Bike Patrol at MdO – Greg R., Joe, Tim, Bob: No change.

10.  Website/tech Committee – Tim: changing to a Fan page as opposed to a group page.

11.  Financial Report – Jeanne: Balance $11,???. (FASTA $5150), PayPal income $315,

 

IV  Items Requiring Discussion or Action

  1. Fasta – Ian; first drop-off at the log with rocks, 5 project areas plus brushing on Shooters, assembling the shed. Kelli doing sign-in. Greg has some gift cards. Kelli has 45 sodas and a case of water. Ian will take care of chips and salsa, etc. Bill will get the banners from Joe. Ian may try to do a pre-ride Sat. afternoon.

Lopez – Bill: Cheryl for sign-in, will use leftovers from FASTA. Need crew leaders for 20-100 people. ECOSLO and Lion’s Club from AG may send volunteers. All work is few minutes from parking area. 8 crews needed for reroute. Need tools from Joe.

 

 

 

2.      Moving Dirt – no report.

 

  1. Bike Month Debriefings.

Open House: Good location, easy to work with Quality Suites. 30+ guests, Ben: needed more signage AT THE BIKE RACK. Prefers the Eucs map on the FASTA website. Suggests having more info available about how to help and what kind of help is needed at entrance to the Eucs site and other trails.  Frank will create sign to put up at various trailheads saying CCCMB needs help. Frank: use the site for FASTA and again for “Active Seniors”, 2 separate groups, gatherings. John: info booth at Farmers Market 3-4 times a year, maybe at Bike Valet.  Voted overwhelmingly to do again next year – with modifications.

Bike rides: guests learned of the rides via the google-group. Discussion of how to encourage organization and recruitment of youth.

Breakfast: John C. served around 80 people. Will do again next year.

 

      4.   Patrick Kell, IMBA rep visit, June 3 – Plans for hearing about Chapter Program: bike-ride with meal/bar gathering to follow to discuss Chapter program.

 

      5.   Neil Havlik’s goodbye party – How do we want to contribute? Greg moves, Bill 2nd to donate $200 towards Neil’s party.

 

      6.   Greenways Conference reports: Brief Highlights Tim, Kelli, Mary, Greg

 

      7.   PR possibilities: Telegram Tribune columnist, Judy Salamacha, willing to do a column; Charter TV interviews also available. Charter interview needs 6-8 week lead time and an upcoming event to promote.  Greg will forward Salamacha’s info to Frank for follow up.

 

      8.   Bells4Bikes.org domain – do we keep it? Bob moved, Frank 2nd to renew domain for 2 years, with the approximate cost of $30.

 

      9.   Strategic Planning Follow:

Volunteer Recruitment Progress: Tim will send emails to directors requesting input.

      

V News-worthy items for e-newsletter and/or website: 1. Targeting volunteers with time.  2. New schedule. 3. 2011-12 achievements

 

VI  Other:  Christina and Joe will attend the Back Country Horsemen meeting tomorrow, Wed. 5/16.

 

VIII  Next Meeting: June 19, 2012, 5:30 p.m.

April 2012

posted Jul 8, 2012, 11:57 AM by Bill Jenkins

  Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers

 

MEETING MINUTES April 17, 2012

 

Attending: Kathy Redden, Jeanne Mutziger, Greg Bettencourt, Tim Sawchuck, John Cutter, Jim Atchison, Frank Zika, Bill Jenkins, Paul Reinhardt, Jeannie Carpenter, Joe O’Donnell, Kelli Schonher, Aaron Guerrero, Bob Nanninga, John DeNunzio, Greg Robertson, Doug Carscaden, Tucker Fritch, Christina Jacobson, Mary Bettencourt.

 

I    Approval of minutes of previous meeting: Bill moved, Paul 2nd Unanimous.

 

II   Agenda requests - Ask new folks why they came to meeting/their interest. None stated.

 

III   Committee Reports

1.      Trail Work – M.G. – Greg R.; ___________________

Froom – Doug: bunch of brushing, prepping and rock-moving. Ready to move dirt.

2.      Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: suggest that if we win a raffle prize we don’t need or want, give it away (later) but don’t say “I don’t want that.”

3.      Publicity – Frank: Structuring/restructuring this committee  Tabled

4.      FASTA – Greg R, Ian, Tucker: getting ready for May workday. Text is being prepared for signs.

5.      Newsletter/E-newsletter – Lynne Latronica :  per report

6.      Membership & Volunteers – Paul: 101 members – new record.

7.      Agency & Organization Reports:

County: Joe - SMLake, Sapwi Trail, Bill Sloan of SWCA donating time to do the biological vetting. Gentle w/o switchbacks. ALPS trail: Very steep terrain. 103 acres on West edge of Atascadero, through the Eagle Ranch to National Forest at Cerro Alto. 3 miles of trail. Getting a grant of ~ $230K. Froom Plan – Doug:

Bike Coalition Bike Month: Friday Breakfast,

8.      Education/Training Committee - Kelli: Bob N. working on the mentoring phase. Committee will meet again after the Trails and Greenways Conference.

9.      Bike Patrol at MdO – Greg R., Joe, Tim, Bob: Manuals are with Ranger Grennan. Hoping to use IMBA guidelines rather that DPR’s. IMBA recommends the Colorado unit for resources.

10.  Website/tech Committee – Tim, Lynne, Kelli:

11.  Financial Report – Jeanne: $15,218.78 (including FASTA’s money)

 

IV  Items Requiring Discussion or Action

  1. Fernandez – Joe; big motorcycle jumps by waterfall and 2 culverts. Brushed, power tools from Joe, John Cutter has the battery powered tools, Paul sign-in, Jeanne membership; Food and Drink:____; Tim: emails. Bill: swag; food/drinks; crew leaders; pre-ride; advertisement)

2.      Moving Dirt –                          

3.   Strategic Planning Follow-Up Tasks

a.       Volunteer Recruitment Progress: Will be addressed at open house.

b.      What should our proposed “Leader of Crew Leaders” do? Kelli will set up a meeting.

      4.  Bike Month Activities Update:

                  a. Breakfast  - Megan

                  b. RideS – Greg R. & Jeanne Saturday rides: Jeanne & Kelli up Hazard Peak at 1 PM at Ranch House with H20 and granola bars. Greg’s ride will be intermediate level, meet the end of Stenner, down the Flying Ewok.

c.    Community Meeting Open House/Happy Hour - Christina & Jeannie: Quality Suites 4-6 pm. Pizza and Beer (ask Jim Aaron). 5 Stations; need 3CMB directors to staff the tables, 2 each:

Sustainable Trails: Maps, tools on display, digital pic frame, John Cutter, Jeanne & Kelli.

 

Future Trails: Maps (large & small) New trails game: digital slide show, land manager logos on a poster or ??, Joe and Greg B.

 

Sharing Trails (etiquette/multi-use): Kathy Redden has pix of the multi-use ride/hike at MdO. Bill will do a bell display. Kathy Redden

 

Getting Involved: “personals” approach: Kelli has some lists, slide-show on digital frame. Tim and Frank.

 

Food and Drink: Jeannie

 

Greeter: Mary B.

 

FASTA: Tom, Dom & Taylor.

 

Also need:

·        Celebrating Our Success:

·        Raffles: Bill

·        Slide Show on Digital Pic Frames (3): Tucker, Tim

·        Banners: one on a pick-up outside Quality Suites, one in the patio or inside.  Joe has?

·        Advertising: Cal Poly, Ride Nipomo, SLOCOG is putting some out. Bulletin boards at schools and churches. Climbing Gym, SLOBC, Bike Shops, Bicycle Coalition.

·        Signs on/for each table. 

 

V News-worthy items for e-newsletter and/or website

 

VI  Other: 

 

VIII  Next Meeting: May 15, 2012, 5:30 p.m.

March 2012

posted Jul 8, 2012, 11:55 AM by Bill Jenkins

  Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers

 

MEETING MINUTES March 20, 2012

 

ATTENDING: Kathy Redden, Greg Bettencourt, Bill Jenkins, Tim Sawchuck, Doug Carscaden, Paul Reinhardt, Kelli Schonher, Jeannie Carpenter, Christina Jacobson, Bob Nanninga, Chuck Woodard, Joe O’Donnell, Greg Robertson, Mary Bettencourt

 

I    Approval of minutes of previous meeting: Paul R. moved to approve, Bill J. 2nd. Approved.

 

II   Agenda requests - Ask new folks why they came to meeting/their interest. None present

 

Guest presentation: Stacey King of County Parks re: Outdoor Discovery Festival at Lopez Lake Saturday, May 12 11am-5pm at Vista Lago near h2o slide. 3CMB to help with bike tours? Date/time conflict with scheduled Bike Month activities on Sat. May 12: 3CMB-led rides with a Membership Meeting to follow in SLO.  We decided we could not participate because of our Bike Month commitments.

 

III   Committee Reports

1.      Trail WorkSML – Kathy: good turnout and good work done on Grey Pine Trail; Black Hill – Paul: 20 workers, completed work set out by Jamie Irons. Lookin’ good! There were enough crew leaders for each project.

2.      Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: see report. Thank you, George (of Quality Suites), for buying bells.

3.      Publicity – Frank: No report

4.      FASTA – Greg R, Ian, Tucker, Doug: Update: Wall ride is done. Working on goals for upcoming workday this Sunday.

5.      Newsletter/E-newsletter – Lynne Latronica: See report. Send or write info re: 1) Bike Month activities for the e-newsletter; 2) trails to be opened in the next few months at Froom; 3) bikes not allowed on Oats Peak until project is complete or plan for bike access is in jeopardy; 4) FASTA pix and update, workday date and video link. Greg will write.

6.      Membership & Volunteers – Paul: See report & vote on mailbox. Moved by Bill J. 2nd by Tim S. Paul will make arrangements for cccmb mailbox.

7.      Agency & Organization Reports (State Parks, County, City, Forest Service, Bike Coalition):  State Parks/Greg: Brush blocks access to new trail at Oats Peak. DPR will open it when complete, so Tim suggests we continue to keep it quiet.

City/Doug: a) Froom Plan;

b) County/Bill: SMLake/Sapwi Trail; waiting to find out what is going to be allowed.

c) Non-motorized meeting with F.S.: Thursday March 22 in Goleta; Greg will go to this first meeting, then a designated 3CMB director will attend quarterly.

8.      Education/Training Committee - Kelli: Justin Maytem and Bob Nanninga will work on the return trail. In discussion with Justin several projects where identified.

9.      Bike Patrol at MdO – Greg R., Joe, Tim, Bob: Tim will get IMBA Manual to Ranger James Grennan,

10.  Website/tech Committee – Tim, Lynne, Kelli: Friends category on Sponsor page?  Agreed that webmaster could put “friends” on links page.

11.     Financial Report – Jeanne: See report.

 

IV  Items Requiring Discussion or Action

  1. Morning Glory  – Greg R.: work drains on Morning Glory & Shooters, work on Return Trail;; repair trough on Botanicals, Need 6 groups; lead is Greg R. Crew leaders: Greg B., Joe, Ian, Tucker, Bob, Paul, etc. Doug will bring the trailer up. Arrive at the “Top of the Grade” and at Stenner. Meet at the Grove. Skipping the chips due to logistical difficulty. Paul will do membership and waivers.

Froom – Doug: need crew leaders. Meet at Home Depot. Chips & soda by the gate. Paul will do sign-in, etc.

2.      Moving Dirt – What did we learn from the Zachi experience (see below)

3.      Oats Peak  & Zachi tsunami Update: Bring Zachi back after it rains this fall, then again in early spring. State Parks agrees.

4.      Strategic Planning Follow-Up Tasks

a.       Volunteer Recruitment Progress:  ?

b.      What should our proposed “Leader of Crew Leaders” do?  This is a real need.

      5.   Bike Month Activities Update:

                  a. Breakfast – Megan Scheduled

                  b  RideS – Greg R. & Jeanne  Scheduled  May 12

                  c. Community Meeting – Christina & Jeannie: discussed possibilities and goals. Location with beer, food, information booths, membership.  May 12                     

      6.  Is it time to order new Maps? They pay for themselves plus a little bit, even though many are given away. Updates needed on Irish Hills, MdO and Lopez. Print up Santa Margarita Lake, West Cuesta and MdO. $170 each. Paul R. moved and Mary 2nd. Approved.

      7.  County Outdoor Discovery Festival May 12 11-5 Lopez Lake: See Guest report above.

      8.  Scholarships to Greenways Conference April 18-20: Who wants to go? Chuck Woodard, Kelli Schonher, Tim Sawchuck, Greg B.

       9. Arbor Day Booth? No interest.

     10. An outsider’s proposal: how do we ensure consistency of work within and among work groups. Possibly plan a “clinic” or “demo” crew for each workday, e.g. building new trail, grade reversals, pruning/brush removal, raking dirt when it’s really dry.

     11. Atascadero Trail Scoping Opportunity: Asked by Jonalee to help flag trail. Who would join Greg?  Several folks interested.  Greg will email directors.

 

V Newsworthy items for e-newsletter and/or website: See III-5 above.

 

VI  Other: 

 

VIII  Next Meeting: April 17, 2011, 5:30 p.m.

Febuary 2012

posted Jul 8, 2012, 11:54 AM by Bill Jenkins

  Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers

 

MEETING AGENDA February 15, 2011

 

Attending: Paul Reinhardt, Jeanne Mutzinger, Greg Bettencourt, Bill Jenkins, Kelli Schonher, Kathy Redden, Doug Carscaden, Christie Cutter, John Cutter, Frank Zika, Joe O’Donnell, Ian Anderson, Tucker ----------, Gary Havas, Tim Sawchuck, Dillon _____, Christina Jacobson, Greg Robertson, Marcus Pippin, Jim Aaron, Mary Bettencourt.

 

I. Approval of minutes of previous meeting:  Moved Jeanne, 2nd Bill.  Approved

 

II   Agenda requests: ask new folks why they came to meeting/their interest.

** Committee Reports: How best to use them? Send reports by Monday. Only discuss new information

                                        or issues that require a discussion/decision.

III   Committee Reports

1.      Trail Work  

SML – Kathy R.,

Super Bowl Sunday – Tim & others; let people know how far they will be walking, restructure registration line to ensure everyone goes through the raffle and that sponsors are adequately recognized.

2.      Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: map & brochure supply and distribution – shops don’t call so Bill has to check more often

3.      Publicity – Frank: poster for spring/summer in progress

4.      FASTA – Tim, Ian, Doug: Update – waiting for Hilrides 90% plan

5.      Newsletter: Acknowledged Rachel’s resignation from the newsletter & website. Need to find someone to take over the newsletter. Job description developed: term limited; manage writers; edit material; layout material; generate topics (either by suggestion or invitation); (willing to become) knowledgeable about CCCMB; be self-starter and take responsibility for driving production.  Also a “staff” of writers could accumulate a cache of articles to draw from.

6.      Membership & Volunteers – Paul: 2011 membership drive & joint membership with Coalition. See report.

7.      Agency & Organization Reports

State Parks – Greg, Tim & Ron are planning a walk-through of trails south of Islay Creek with Juvie Ortiz, Kathy Longacre and other Trail Committee members in anticipation of determining future users.

County – At next County Trails meeting, Greg will bring up the question of passes to volunteers.  Paul will show how many hours 3CMB works.

City – New Froom Trails: steep and brushy hillsides, overgrown steep roads. Doug will be inviting members to join in trail-scouting sessions.  Hunter-Leggett trail has hit snag.

Yishai/SM Ranch: working hard, needs to get course in for race date and then improve it.

8.      Education/Training Committee - Kelli: Crew Leader Training Sat. March 26, location TBD. Per Jim A. there are Cambria riders who would like to be instructed in trail maintenance/construction.  Greg & Tim agreed to arrange a session with Jim.

IMBA visits: Anna Laxague, Pacific IMBA rep, will be in town Thurs. Joe will email invitation to meet/ride with her.

Committee meeting next week: To be determined

9.      Bike Patrol at MdO – Tim received a collection of info from Ranger James Grennan including a range of locations who have bike patrol. States there are 3 rangers who are very interested in developing this program.

10.  Website/tech Committee – Morgan:  Need to find a person to provide content for website

11.  Financial Report – Jeanne: $7,855.56 Net income of $3790 this year.

 

 

 

IV.  ITEMS REQUIRING DISCUSSION OR ACTION

1.      MdO March 5 – Tim: focus on East Boundary above Islay; Santa Cruz Trail on March 12; Cerro Cabrillo/Black Hill, March 20 – Paul & Jamie: coffee and treats, Tim will send emails.

2.      Moving Dirt

3.      Professional Trail Builders Assoc. in March – funding & Joe and Doug (per Tim S, Zachy Anderson of Forest Trail Alliance in Graeagle has invited 3CMB for trail machine training.) Tim plans to attend IMBA trail building training in Santa Cruz.

4.      Develop Strategy for recruiting someone to do newsletter, website and other tasks.

5.      Strategic Planning:  Form a Planning Committee & identify responsibilities. Date, time, location, goal (e.g. 1year, 5 year or 10 year) who’s invited, facilitator?, meal(s), agenda. Committee is Frank, Paul R., Christina, John C., Kelli.  They will report back in March with their suggestions for committee’s job description and other details

6.      Tools – Purchase a shed(s) and distribution – Kelli & Joe have purchased tools.  Greg & Kelli have purchased used shed to store tools in their backyard. 

7.      Progress on: 

a.       Bell distribution process Tabled

b.      Descending traffic program: Christina suggested addressing via “WOW” at Cal Poly. She also suggested revisiting the concept of engaging bike shops in the culture issue. Periodically attending Wheelmen meetings.

c.       Dealing with medical concerns at workdays Tabled

d.      Trail Conditions Update - Tabled

e.       Picture storage - Tabled

8.      Wisdom of emailing Paul’s total hours &/or extra hours spreadsheet - Tabled

9.      Contributing to IMBA’s e-newsletter – Is it worth it? If so who?  Tabled

10.  “Ride the Divide” as CCCMB fundraiser: Chris & John Tabled

 

V.   Information – ECOSLO Volunteer Coordinator

 

VI.  Other?

 

VII.   Next Meeting: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, 5:30 p.m.

1-10 of 45