Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers
April 21, 2009
Attendees: Jeanne and Andy Mutzinger, Kelli Schonher, Rachel Duchak, Tim Sawchuck, Bill Jenkins, Greg Bettencourt, Frank Zika, Bob Urmy, Doug Carscaden, Ron Dexter, Joe O’Donnell, John Cutter, Daniel Beardsley, Clint Edwards, Andrew Pellkofer, Mike ?
I Approval of minutes of previous meeting, approved by Rachel and seconded by Bill J.
II Agenda requests and new minutes process.
III Committee Reports
1. Trail Work – Johnson Ranch & TrailWerks– Doug- about 50 persons showed up. May 22 opening of the trail and ribbon cutting. Need scheduling parameters as TrailWerks had conflicts with other events. Total of 805 volunteer hours of work on Johnson Ranch Trail.
2. Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: Brochure holders; feedback, cost of maps. Bill and Kelli will go by Foothill cyclery to look at maps they put on the wall and then decide what to add.
3. Public Relations – Frank: Update Central Coast magazine article out in June. Discussed poor turnout for TrailWerks
4. Newsletter – Rachel: Publish in May deadline, contributors John Cutter and Guild of Trail Workers article. Contributions due by May 1st.
5. Membership & Volunteers – Paul: update by Greg – did update on TrailWerks volunteers and the need to keep track of volunteers and where they come from.
6. Agency & Organization Reports (State Parks, County, City, Forest Service, Bike Coalition): Doug, Bob, Ron, Greg, etc: Wild Cherry & PG&E, Lopez, SML
Ron - SM Lake – trying to find a way around the lake.
Doug - shared letter from Sierra Club to the City Council regarding of reclassifying mountain biking to active from passive and impact on FASTA.
Doug – Conservation Plan for Stenner Creek, which will include FASTA information on Eucalyptus site. CCCMB members may be encouraged to attend meetings SLO Parks & Rec. August 5th, SLO Planning Commission August 12 or 26; City Council in September.
7. Education/Training Committee - Kelli: Update Feedback on trail construction illustration cards from TrailWerks was very positive.
8. FASTA – Andrew, Dan: Update on meeting with City See 6
9. Financial Report: Jeanne $7,984 in account. $1,670 of new tools was spent (not included).
IV Items Requiring Discussion or Action
1. Upcoming May Workdays: Lopez, SML, Prewitt
Bill J. – Lopez update, ECO – SLO. May Lopez workday
Andy M – SML previewed trails with ranger
Ron – Prewitt - May 15, 16, &17, camping and working on trail.
2. Information: Bike Month Breakfast Bike Breakfast on May 22 on Bike Boulevard sponsored by CCCMB organized by Jeanne Mutziger.
3. Decision: Do we spend $960 for 5000 maps for shops? Moved by Rachel, seconded by Frank, no one opposed.
4. Decision: Will have booth at Bike Kitchen Festival, May 17 at Mitchell Park? Yes.Contact Paul Reinhart to volunteer.
5. Decision: CCMB will partner/support ECOSLO doing trail work (e.g. providing training, crew leaders and tools).
6. Decision: Do a video/power point for SLOBC in Sept. Jeanne M will prepare and Frank Z present. Committee Rachel, Bill, Tim, Jeanne (chair) and Frank.
7. Information: T-shirts on hold for now.
1. Cal Poly’s spring gates at all fence crossings
2. Sea Otter Report
Robbie Jamison is doing a senior project on CCCMB, and will be added to a future agenda.
Bike in Movie 6:30 p.m. at Mission May 15th
Year End Party Rachel (chair) Andrew and Joe.
VII Next Meeting: May 19, 2009