Home‎ > ‎Who We Are‎ > ‎Monthly Meeting‎ > ‎

April 2010

posted Jun 8, 2010, 10:44 AM by Unknown user   [ updated Jun 8, 2010, 10:47 AM by Tim Sawchuck ]

[Minutes in pdf form are attached to the end of this post]

Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers

MEETING MINUTES - April 20, 2010

 

I.               Attending: Kelli Schonher, Greg Bettencourt, Bill Jenkins, Rob Urmy, Doug Carscaden, Tim Sawchuck, Drew Perkins, Shersti ____, Frank Zika, Aarons, Paul Reinhardt, Bob Nanninga, Jeanne Mutzinger, Clint Edwards, Ian Anderson, Greg Robertson, (Wheelmen rep), Mary Bettencourt.

 

II.             Minutes: Paul Reinhardt, Bob Nanninga

 

Public Comment: Shersti of  ALPHA re: GranFonda, - community event Sat. Oct. 23, 7 – 3 PM fundraiser, Mission Plaza volunteer, adopt a rest-stop, e.g. Cayucos.

 

III.           Committee Reports

1.     Trail Work – Irish Hills – Bob: double catwalk section and pavers in lower Mariposa, rebuilt switchback top of King. 32 volunteers, 9 new people. Including David Hamilton as new crewleader.

2.     Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: See report

3.     Public Relations – Frank: See #7 below

4.     Newsletter – Rachel: No report

5.     Membership & Volunteers – Paul: No report

6.     Agency & Organization Reports (State Parks, County, City, Forest Service, Bike Coalition):  State Parks - Ron, Greg, etc: Doug re: Froom Ranch – Wildlife Conservation Board  funding $2 to 5K short. ($7,100. short at the moment). 3CMB can now schedule a walk-through for flagging. Some of the trail will be on existing road-cuts and make a loop.

7.     Education/Training Committee - Kelli: No report

8.     Bike Patrol at MdO – Greg R., Joe, Tim, Bob: 3 people with jerseys and more getting certified. Tim working w/ Juvi about setting up the official State Parks programs. 

9.     Website/tech Committee – Morgan, Daniel, Rachel: Picture process. Tabled.

10.  FASTA – Jim A: Financial accounting needed. 3CMB treasurer will manage and coordinate with SLOPOST. Ian: Workday at Shooters May 22, Ian will post, mostly brushing. Doug: FASTA turned in their proposal with construction guidelines, and it passed the first level of review with Neil. Neil will get back to them if changes are needed and eventually take it to the SLO City Council. Beginner skills construction will go in lower eucalyptus area.

11.  Financial Report – Jeanne: P&L sheet says $8,658.22 in account.

 

IV.  Items Requiring Discussion or Action

1.     Lopez Lake Workday Sunday 5/23 - Planning ride 5/16. Peeler core and steel from County Ranger. Recruiting South County workers to carry it up the hill. There will be work for 50 people. Bide shop owners will be there. Bill & Tim will work on emails w/pictures, etc. 5 or 6 crew leaders needed.

2.     Moving Dirt – No report.

3.     Bells – Tim S. is adding bells at both bottom and top of Hazard Peak Trail (HPT) 3CMB has gone through 168 bells in 32 days. Now gone through 442 bells including 150 given away. Super Bowl Sunday and Irish Hills workdays. All bike shops have agreed to order 100 bells with their logo on them and share the cost, thus saving 3CMB about $0.75/bell.  Poly rep. suggested Wheelmen could donate $$ for 200 bells, giving 100 to Wheelmen.  He will get back to us.  Approved to spend an additional $1,000 on bells.

4.      Wild Cherry Canyon Bus Trip May 25th - Volunteers needed for Tues. May 25 bus trip to Sacramento for the Wildlife Conservation Board meeting for approval of the ranch deal.  Tim, Bob, Kelli, Jim, Jeanne might be available.

5.     Greenways Conference, April 21-23 – Staffing the CCCMB booth volunteers needed who will already be at the conference. Friday afternoon ride: Stenner ride. Saturday equestrian/biker/hiker joint ride;

6.     Breakfast during Bike Month:  Jeanne will organize but only if has significant help from others.

 

 

 

 

7.     Use of Power Point to recruit group – Frank: introduces a community group to 3CMB and what we do. Groups could perhaps sponsor a mile of trail, with 3CMB providing training and tools. Would result in an ongoing relationship between 3CMB and community groups, e.g. Boy Scouts, Crew Home Depot, Mountain Brook Church, Sierra Club. Good to ramp this up in anticipation of MdO to Avila trail.  Agreed to initiate this in fall.

8.     Use of Google Group: What is OK, What is Not? Requests should be reviewed by 4-5 directors via email. As long as it is a community service or non-profit event or message, it should be fine. Should be reviewed on case-by-case basis.

 

V   Information

1.     Trail Machine update: Taylor Calvert at CBO has offered the use of his family’s mini-excavator and Taylor is a certified operator. 3CMB would chip in on transportation costs from Hollister and pay for fuel for the trail project.  Doug will check on possibility of using it on old Elevator.

2.     Wind Wolves Campout – Margo will send out info by email re: May 14 & 15 outing. Contact her if you are interested and/or have specific info.

3.     Chicane sign for HPT warning cyclists about the chicanes and to slow down.

 

VI.  Other -

 

VII   Next Meeting: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 5:30 p.m. 

Ċ
Tim Sawchuck,
Jun 8, 2010, 10:47 AM
Comments