Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers
MEETING Minutes August 22, 2012
Attending: Kathy Redden, Kelly ___?___, Jeanne Mutzinger, Greg Bettencourt, Bill Jenkins, Jim Atchison, Tim Sawchuck, John Cutter, Frank Zika, Kelli Schonher, Jeannie Carpenter, Bob Nanninga, Greg Robertson, Doug Carscaden, Lynne Latronica, Mary Bettencourt.
I Approval of minutes of previous meeting: Bob Nanninga moved to approve, Jeanne Mutzinger 2nd.
II Agenda requests - Ask new folks why they came to meeting/their interest. No guests this meeting.
III Committee Reports
1. Trail Work –
2. Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: Decide on bike shop sponsorship program. $150 for cost of TrailWerks events, t-shirts, food and drinks. Plus 5 gift cards of $25 ea. $300 for bells with shop logo Discussion of other donors, e.g. Long Riders.
3. Publicity – Frank: Will distribute schedules to WOWies.
4. FASTA – Ian, Tucker, Doug: Update: $2,500 from Wells Fargo, 5 dedicated work days, new feature outside of Lower Grove, a “Fat Skinny”, moved bench and added another one with a connection to make another feature. Convicts to work on shaping the logs in Lower Grove.
5. Newsletter/E-newsletter – Lynne Latronica: Paper or just e-newsletter? Just e-newsletter. Lynne has sent copy for next email. Please proof and return before Sept.
6. Membership & Volunteers – Paul: See report.
7. Agency & Organization Reports: County: Kathy – permits, etc. progressing for Sapwi;
City: Doug – TrailWerks Nov. 3 at Froom
Forest Service: Greg - conference call Wed. 8/22 for Non-motorized trail users committee, Bike Coalition): State Parks.
8. Education/Training Committee - Kelli: Pacific Crest Trail training in Tahoe; great training, but the land managers don’t really use the curriculum.
9. Bike Patrol at MdO – Greg R., Joe, Tim, Bob: No report.
10. Website/tech Committee – Tim, Lynne, Kelli: Need for committee meeting? Tim will make Facebook changes working with Jeanne.
11. Financial Report – Jeanne: No report at this time. Tim and Jeanne will develop a method for donors to specify their “field of interest”, e.g. FASTA, general, etc.
IV Items Requiring Discussion or Action
2. Moving Dirt – How to handle flow-stick in heavy brush? Zachi & Drew both suggested: just walk your 5% line and try to find a natural drain as a target for the line of the flow-stick and cut a 4 ft. path.. We will experiement with that before Zachi comes.
3. Draft Fall/Winter trail-work schedule – Adopted:
Oct. 7, Sun. – Morning Glory 10 am @ Eucs
Oct. 20, Sat. – SML 9:30 am River Rd. entrance
Nov. 3, Sat. – Froom 9 am Home Depot east side parking lot
Nov. 17, Sat. – Froom TrailWerks 8 am Laguna Lake Park
Dec. 1, Sat. – Botanicals 9 am Top of the Grade
Dec. 16, Sun. – MdO 9 am Hazard Peak parking
Jan. 12, Sat. – Morning Glory & FASTA Freeride area 9:30 am
Feb. 3, Sun. – MdO Super Bowl Sunday 8 am Spooner’s Cove
4. 2012-13 goal setting; solidifying process for recruiting to directors group. Directors to review strategic plan summary, choose TWO areas to address and be ready to discuss Sept. 4.
5. WOW week “Day of Service” – Kelli: so far no one stepping up to lead a crew. John Cutter: make a pitch. Frank: pitch = we are a non-profit that works on trails for cyclists, runners, etc. Help us by texting, tweeting, etc. their friends. Decided no WOWie work day. Just hand out schedules.
6. Decals: review samples – Bill presented multiple versions for bumpers stickers/bike stickers, etc. Tim moved to spend up to $400 for stickers; Jeanne 2nd.
7. IMBA Trail Care Crew – Is it something we want to consider for 2012-13? Possibly. Will revisit Sept. 4 with more info.
V News-worthy items for e-newsletter and/or website
VI Other: Crested Butte trip Sept. 24 to Sept. 30. There are vacancies.
VIII Next Meeting: September 4, 2012, 5:30 p.m. JUST TWO WEEKS