Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers
December 16, 2008
I. Approval of minutes of previous meeting. (Passed:Paul and Bill)
II. Committee Reports
1. Trail Work – Johnson Ranch– Doug. Flagging days will begin after elevator is done.
Hazard Peak – Ron. Good turn out, good work.
2. Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: No report.
3. Public Relations – Frank: Update:
q Kylie is ready to write an article for New Times – Greg will contact.
q Mass email to membership about Morning Glory.
q Paul R. will send email addresses to Frank.
4. Newsletter to be received by members the week before SBS–
q Articles due Jan. 1
o Paul – membership report,
o Greg – state of the state, work schedule
o John Cutter – Trail work evolution,
o Christie - trails to avoid in bad weather.
o Ron – trail work techniques.
q Newsletter to be distributed by mail, email and web page.
q Rachel will bring newsletters for labeling at next meeting
5. Membership & Volunteers – See # 5 under Old Business.
6. Agency & Organization Reports: State Parks,County, City, Forest Service, Bike Coalition: TABLED
7. Training Committee - Kelli:
q Invite people to flagging days and to other pre-trailwork days.
q Incorporate training into work-days.
q Offer a weekly/monthly ride or hike with training.
q Next meeting will address
o Content of these trainings.
o Knowledge/skill assessments of trainees.
o Acknowledge advancement of skills.
q Jim Aarons submitted content of FASTA skills set. Greg will distribute to committee.
8. Website/tech Committee – Paul, Morgan, Daniel, Rachel: update.
q Per Morgan – Google site is free, easily accessible, easily managed.
q Google group manager will eliminate “reply all” for group at large. And create another subgroup of 3cmb directors.
q Greg will talk with Paul and Morgan about members having trouble signing up.
9. FASTA – Andrew, Dan: Update – No Report
10. Financial Report: Greg: balance ~ $3,829. plus money being held for 3cmb by SLOPOST.
III. Old Business
1. Booth at Events: Identify point person TABLED
2. Reroutes and trail closures Strategy: Proposal –
q Poster describing big project at MdO w/Kelli’s map – Greg and Kelli.
q Reports on new rerouting projects should emphasize the positive aspects of the new trails – Greg, Frank, Ron, Jim A. and Kelli.
q Discussed offering an informational meeting and/or site visit.
3. Officially decide between
A. SLOPOST affiliation (“Project Group” under their mission) for one year starting Jan.1 passed (Jeanne and Jim)
q Jeanne attends SLOPOST meetings
q Expenses submitted to Jeanne by email or at the monthly meeting or by email to Patty at SLOPOST.
q 3CMB continues to write our own grants.
q 3 1/2% of income goes to SLOPOST annually toward their expenses.
q Directors’ Insurance covers 3cmb since Jeanne attends board meetings.
B. Independent 501c(3) status = (VeloSlo; we have Eric Benson’s permission) may use in future as an umbrella if we purchase a trail tool and rent it out. OR FASTA could possibly use it.
4. Elect Treasurer Jeanne Mutzinger. ELECTED Unanimously.
Secretary:Margot Clark – ELECTED unanimously.
5. Membership: Strategy for recruitment
q Singletrax: Bill & Megan will submit all $$ to 3CMB;
q “Sign up in Jan. and Feb.for chance at $25 gift cert. or a 3CMB Jersey”.
q Do membership recruitment at every trail work day.
q Increase follow-up of new volunteers.
q Email requests for membership.
6. Bike Shop Displays: Proposal TABLED
IV. New Business
1. Morning Glory & Shooters Workday, January 10: organize - Tabled
2. Links on CCCMB website Policy: e.g. www.slobike.com.
q Paul Doering will write up appropriate criteria for links.
q Agreed to allow link on 3cmb web-page.
3. Work Schedule for Spring: begin thinking – need it for January newsletter and SBS –
q Subcommittee will develop a schedule.
q Greg will ask membership for input.
4. New TrailWerks concept proposal: discussion - TABLED
5. Using “Choke Points”, places to stand, bike bells on Hazard and other places: Discussion - TABLED
6. Black Mtn Downhilling Problem: Discussed, email circulated.
7. Board Member “official” list: Check for accuracy & willingness - 5 additional members volunteered to be on the board.
VI. Next Meeting: January 21, 2009