Home‎ > ‎Who We Are‎ > ‎Monthly Meeting‎ > ‎

Febuary 2012

posted Jul 8, 2012, 11:54 AM by Bill Jenkins

  Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers

 

MEETING AGENDA February 15, 2011

 

Attending: Paul Reinhardt, Jeanne Mutzinger, Greg Bettencourt, Bill Jenkins, Kelli Schonher, Kathy Redden, Doug Carscaden, Christie Cutter, John Cutter, Frank Zika, Joe O’Donnell, Ian Anderson, Tucker ----------, Gary Havas, Tim Sawchuck, Dillon _____, Christina Jacobson, Greg Robertson, Marcus Pippin, Jim Aaron, Mary Bettencourt.

 

I. Approval of minutes of previous meeting:  Moved Jeanne, 2nd Bill.  Approved

 

II   Agenda requests: ask new folks why they came to meeting/their interest.

** Committee Reports: How best to use them? Send reports by Monday. Only discuss new information

                                        or issues that require a discussion/decision.

III   Committee Reports

1.      Trail Work  

SML – Kathy R.,

Super Bowl Sunday – Tim & others; let people know how far they will be walking, restructure registration line to ensure everyone goes through the raffle and that sponsors are adequately recognized.

2.      Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: map & brochure supply and distribution – shops don’t call so Bill has to check more often

3.      Publicity – Frank: poster for spring/summer in progress

4.      FASTA – Tim, Ian, Doug: Update – waiting for Hilrides 90% plan

5.      Newsletter: Acknowledged Rachel’s resignation from the newsletter & website. Need to find someone to take over the newsletter. Job description developed: term limited; manage writers; edit material; layout material; generate topics (either by suggestion or invitation); (willing to become) knowledgeable about CCCMB; be self-starter and take responsibility for driving production.  Also a “staff” of writers could accumulate a cache of articles to draw from.

6.      Membership & Volunteers – Paul: 2011 membership drive & joint membership with Coalition. See report.

7.      Agency & Organization Reports

State Parks – Greg, Tim & Ron are planning a walk-through of trails south of Islay Creek with Juvie Ortiz, Kathy Longacre and other Trail Committee members in anticipation of determining future users.

County – At next County Trails meeting, Greg will bring up the question of passes to volunteers.  Paul will show how many hours 3CMB works.

City – New Froom Trails: steep and brushy hillsides, overgrown steep roads. Doug will be inviting members to join in trail-scouting sessions.  Hunter-Leggett trail has hit snag.

Yishai/SM Ranch: working hard, needs to get course in for race date and then improve it.

8.      Education/Training Committee - Kelli: Crew Leader Training Sat. March 26, location TBD. Per Jim A. there are Cambria riders who would like to be instructed in trail maintenance/construction.  Greg & Tim agreed to arrange a session with Jim.

IMBA visits: Anna Laxague, Pacific IMBA rep, will be in town Thurs. Joe will email invitation to meet/ride with her.

Committee meeting next week: To be determined

9.      Bike Patrol at MdO – Tim received a collection of info from Ranger James Grennan including a range of locations who have bike patrol. States there are 3 rangers who are very interested in developing this program.

10.  Website/tech Committee – Morgan:  Need to find a person to provide content for website

11.  Financial Report – Jeanne: $7,855.56 Net income of $3790 this year.

 

 

 

IV.  ITEMS REQUIRING DISCUSSION OR ACTION

1.      MdO March 5 – Tim: focus on East Boundary above Islay; Santa Cruz Trail on March 12; Cerro Cabrillo/Black Hill, March 20 – Paul & Jamie: coffee and treats, Tim will send emails.

2.      Moving Dirt

3.      Professional Trail Builders Assoc. in March – funding & Joe and Doug (per Tim S, Zachy Anderson of Forest Trail Alliance in Graeagle has invited 3CMB for trail machine training.) Tim plans to attend IMBA trail building training in Santa Cruz.

4.      Develop Strategy for recruiting someone to do newsletter, website and other tasks.

5.      Strategic Planning:  Form a Planning Committee & identify responsibilities. Date, time, location, goal (e.g. 1year, 5 year or 10 year) who’s invited, facilitator?, meal(s), agenda. Committee is Frank, Paul R., Christina, John C., Kelli.  They will report back in March with their suggestions for committee’s job description and other details

6.      Tools – Purchase a shed(s) and distribution – Kelli & Joe have purchased tools.  Greg & Kelli have purchased used shed to store tools in their backyard. 

7.      Progress on: 

a.       Bell distribution process Tabled

b.      Descending traffic program: Christina suggested addressing via “WOW” at Cal Poly. She also suggested revisiting the concept of engaging bike shops in the culture issue. Periodically attending Wheelmen meetings.

c.       Dealing with medical concerns at workdays Tabled

d.      Trail Conditions Update - Tabled

e.       Picture storage - Tabled

8.      Wisdom of emailing Paul’s total hours &/or extra hours spreadsheet - Tabled

9.      Contributing to IMBA’s e-newsletter – Is it worth it? If so who?  Tabled

10.  “Ride the Divide” as CCCMB fundraiser: Chris & John Tabled

 

V.   Information – ECOSLO Volunteer Coordinator

 

VI.  Other?

 

VII.   Next Meeting: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, 5:30 p.m.

Comments