Home‎ > ‎Who We Are‎ > ‎Monthly Meeting‎ > ‎

MEETING MINUTES - AUGUST 2011

posted Nov 15, 2011, 9:24 AM by Bill Jenkins

Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers

 

MEETING MINUTES - AUGUST 16, 2011

 

Attending: Kathy Redden, Jeanne Mutzinger, Greg Bettencourt, Bill Jenkins, Lynne Latronica, Kelli Schohner, Tim Sawchuck, Bob Nanninga, John Cutter, Joe O’Donnell, Ron Dexter, Doug Carscaden, Ian Anderson, Tucker Fritch, Frank Zika, Gary Havas, Greg Robertson.

 

I    APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING:  

 

II   AGENDA REQUESTS (Ask new folks why they came to meeting/their interest.) – none.

 

III   COMMITTEE REPORTS

1.      TRAIL WORK on West Cuesta in July – Ian: Trimmed brush especially at blind corners at middle Shooters. More needs to be done.

2.      SPONSORSHIP & FUNDRAISING – Bill: Goals for 2011-12: Vote on sponsorship plan – Jeanne moved, Mary second, passed unanimously.

Shops that sponsor will be linked from the 3CMB site, however the shops may not advertise through 3CMB site.

3.      PUBLICITY – Frank: Plan for publicizing schedule – minus Marketing Communications Plan, a draft of which Christina will have for Sept. meeting for discussion.  Frank will do poster, calendars, etc.

4.      FASTA – Greg R., Ian, Tucker, Tim, Doug: Majority of lower grove cleared. Alicia of New Times is interested in a story re: FASTA. Joe moved, Bill second, purchase used chain saw  & accessories for $350. Passed unanimously.

5.      NEWSLETTER / E-NEWSLETTER – Lynne Latronica:  See report & Unsubscribing folks. To go out September 1. Lynne will receive reports re: who/how many open the newsletter, which links they open, etc. Draft will be sent out before general emailing.

6.      MEMBERSHIP & VOLUNTEERS – Paul: see report

7.      AGENCY & ORGANIZATION REPORTS: County/Bill: requesting design assist on Blackberry Ridge, City / Tim: will need a couple more weeks to complete fine flagging in the Eucs. Forest Service: any changes to Prewitt Loop would require full environmental review.  State Parks - Ron, Doug, Tim, Greg, etc:  Santa Margarita Lake trail Another meeting coming up 8/18/11.

8.      EDUCATION/TRAINING COMMITTEE - Kelli:  

9.      BIKE PATROL AT MDO – Greg R., Joe, Tim, Bob: Duty Statement revision addressing safety and wording changes sent to Brooke Gutierrez. Juvie is retiring: thank-you card/gift will be prepared by Tim, Kelli and Jeanne.

10.  WEBSITE/TECH COMMITTEE – Tucker: reorganization of webpages in progress. Full report next month.

11.  FINANCIAL REPORT – Jeanne:  (& SLOBC update) also shouldn’t report go to all Directors? FASTA was awarded $2,500 grant by Wells Fargo, $4382 in account. Over $10,000 income this year so far. Net income is $317.  Financial reports will go to all directors each month in the future.

 

IV  ITEMS REQUIRING DISCUSSION OR ACTION

1.      FALL WINTER SCHEDULE – Move to approve as presented or modified: Oct. 23, Nov. 12 and SBS will be printed in red.  In Nov., change from Sat. 11/19 to Sun. 11/20. Jan. 7 will be MG/Elevator/Shooters. How to distribute: additional posters for Eucs project to go to Wheelmen and could be posted in eucs grove. Add schedule to website.

2.      MOVING DIRT –

3.      STRATEGIC PLANNING FOLLOW UP TASKS (based on report submitted by Christina and Greg B:

a. Provide feedback to Frank’s committee on current draft of officer’s duties, committee job descriptions, election stuff, etc. This is a draft waiting for directors’ completion and input. General discussion of “Organizational Clarifications” submitted by Frank.  Decisions: Crew leaders go under Trail Work Committee; Add Event Coordinator as position/committee for major events.  Continuing to discuss where Bell program and Volunteer and Partnerships.  Frank’s committee will bring revised draft to next Board meeting.

b. What other innovations for making trail-work more fun do we want to do this year? 1) Drinks, chips, etc. at every trail work day, 2) Crews take a break together, 3) Take time to wind down together afterward, 4) For future discussion “… and bring a munchie to share.”

c. Decide the “how” and “who” of making the “Direct Ask” for more volunteers.  Tabled

d. Trail User Education: What should be the “Tone” of our approach Tabled

e.  Partnership with State Parks Foundation – Conditionally approved. Kelli will get additional info from Melissa’s successor.

  4.  PROFESSIONAL TRAIL BUILDER INVITATIONS FOR FALL: Update – No new info from invitees.

  5.  BELLS: STRATEGY, BUDGET, DISTRIBUTION: How can we have a SUSTAINABLE bell program. Jeanne suggests an “iron ranger” for donations.  No decision

  5.  SHOULD CCCMB BE AN IMBA FINANCIAL SUPPORTER? – Not at this time.

 

V NEWSWORTHY ITEMS FOR E-NEWSLETTER AND/OR WEBSITE:  Jeanne suggests adding info re: Facebook Groups.

 

VI Information –

 

VII  Other – Joe: Shall we purchase a handheld hedger?  Deciced to borrow Doug’s for Rinconada to see how we like it.  John – designing the return trail extension of Elevator in a way that would not encourage conflict..

 

VIII   Next Meeting: September 20, 2011, 5:30 p.m.

Comments