Home‎ > ‎Who We Are‎ > ‎Monthly Meeting‎ > ‎

November 2009

posted Dec 4, 2009, 9:25 AM by Unknown user   [ updated Dec 4, 2009, 9:25 AM by Tim Sawchuck ]

Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers

 

MEETING AGENDA

 

November 17, 2009

 

 

Jeanne Mutzinger, Greg and Mary Bettencourt, Frank Zika, Joe O’Donnell, Bill Jenkins. Paul Reinhart, Kelli Schonher, Doug Carscaden, Clint Edwards, Gary Havas, Jim Aaron, Tim Sawchuck, Rob Urmy, Andrew Pelkoffer.

 

I    Approval of minutes of previous meeting: Frank motioned to approve and Tim seconded.

 

II   Agenda requests

 

III   Committee Reports

1.     Trail Work – Lopez Lake Renegades will come on training ride at Lopez Sat November 21, 2009

2.     Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill:  Sponsorship requests for Trail Werks and gift certificates are going out to bike shops in the county. Home Depot has a grant program for in store use of $2500.  Greg and others will write grant.

3.     Public Relations – Frank: MdO advertising; Power Point update just needs scripting to finish. Greg and Ron need to meet with Frank and Jeanne to script.

4.     Newsletter – September issue E-version response – might want to use better paper, not too many persons wanted to go to the e-newsletter.   Consensus is to use Got Print and possibly them mail newsletter.  Kelli will investigate using Got Print.

5.     Membership & Volunteers – Paul: One new member for the month.   

6.     Agency & Organization Reports (State Parks, County, City, Forest Service, Bike Coalition): Bike Bells and City Projects for 2010 -Doug, Bob, State Parks - Ron, Greg, etc:  Doug update on Johnson Ranch, second half of M trail loop was scouted, fundraising continuing for Froom Ranch, Neil Havlick would like CCCMB to plan Froom Ranch trails.  Froom Ranch should belong to the city within a year.  Doug will be putting up Bike Bells at Irish Hills and Cerro San Luis.

7.     Education/Training Committee - Kelli:  Met and set out notes to directors group, no comments received, asked for volunteers and have 5 more volunteers.  Jeanne volunteers to co-chair.  General update; Specifically MdO workday/preride as education update: Tim explained how to implement education into workday. Jeanne set up Twitter and Facebook. 

8.     Website/tech Committee – Morgan, Daniel, Rachel: No report

9.     FASTA – Andrew (Jim reported earlier) came in late and gave update.  FASTA is forming a board; they will be needing insurance, premium about $700.  May need some fundraising help.

10.  Financial Report – Jeanne: Update $8100 in account and set up Pay Pal account.

IV  Items Requiring Discussion or Action

1.     MdO November trail work plans (Nov.22) – Ron & Tim – gave information on work plans

2.     Elevator & Stenner Trails (Dec. 13) – Ron, Doug Greg read of list of work needed, Ron and Doug will decide the date of the pre-ride.

3.     Ron’s Concerns – Not enough meeting time spent discussing important “moving dirt” issues – It was suggested adding time to the meeting, or using a consent agenda for committee reports to save time.  

4.     IMBA Insurance – $700.40 vote to approve or not Jeanne moved, Bill seconded, passed to buy the insurance.

5.     Discuss How to Increase Turnout at Regular Workdays

a.     New recruit retention: Solidify process and coordinator – Tim, Margo and Bill will develop a protocol.  It will be up to the Crew leader to implement and ask for help.  Margo offered to help sign up persons. Frank will investigate a postcard of dates with good graphics. Jeanne is doing Twitter, craigslist, Facebook,

b.     Improve email announcements – Tim suggested photos or visuals.

6.     “Thank you” process for donations: how should we acknowledge/thank donors? We will have a “Thank You letter” for the next meeting for donors. Thank you will also serve as a receipt.  Jeanne will ask SLOPOST if they provide receipt.

7.     Trail Worker of the Year Award(s) – Maintain? Change? Abandon? (tabled)

8.     Picture repository for CCCMB photos Tim put pictures in the Picasa website, and will send out an invitation for captions.

9.     Socks – Do we don’t we??? Budget $700 for socks, and decide later what to do, Bill, Jeanne and John will be on sock committee.  Greg moved and Jeanne seconded, motion passed.

10.  Update the Trail Condition webpage – How? Who?  Will discuss at the next meeting, provided people will come “front loaded”.

11.  Criteria for posting on CCCMB Google group – discussion (tabled)

 

V   Information

1.     Christmas Party – Mary (potluck, 5:00 – 8:00, Dec. 12) Bring salad, side dish. Directors and guests are invited, please RSVP.

2.     Greenways Conference

3.     Selling jerseys

  

VI Other?

 

VII   Next Meeting: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 5:30 p.m. 

Ċ
Tim Sawchuck,
Dec 4, 2009, 9:25 AM
Comments