Central Coast Concerned Mountain Bikers
MEETING MEETINGS September 4, 2012
Attending: Kathy Redden, Greg Bettencourt, Bill Jenkins, Bob Nanninga, Tim Sawchuck, Jim Atchison, Jeannie Carpenter, Tucker Fritsch, Frank Zika, Kelli Schohner, Mary Bettencourt
I Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
II Agenda requests - Ask new folks why they came to meeting/their interest.
III Committee Reports
1. Trail Work –
2. Sponsorship & Fundraising – Bill: See report
3. Publicity – Frank: John Cutter and Bill Mulder are working on Fall Trailwerks T-shirt design.
4. FASTA – Tucker: improving water system, using some from spring, moved the kiosk due to optics right of way, calendar developed. Ian working on the first turn. Bylaws are passed and officers are elected. Event at Brewery to encourage more participation.
5. Newsletter/Enewsletter – Lynne Latronica: See report. To be sent out next week.
6. Membership & Volunteers – Paul: See report. Tim is incorporating the 3cmb list with IMBA’s format.
7. Agency & Organization Reports (State Parks, County, City, Forest Service, Bike Coalition): State Parks - Doug, Tim, Greg, etc: Tim will finalize text and designs for trailhead signs and forward to Frank.
8. Education/Training Committee - Kelli: Justin Maytum’s Senior Project report is posted on the 3CMB Education site: The Dirt on Dirt.
9. Bike Patrol at MdO – Greg R., Joe, Tim, Bob:
10. Website/tech Committee – Tim, Lynne, Kelli: No report
11. Financial Report – Jeanne: No report.
IV Items Requiring Discussion or Action
Bob Nanninga moves, Tim 2nd CCCMB become an IMBA Chapter beginning in 2013 and that cccmb revisits that decision yearly, with the understanding that if the Directors are dissatisfied with the relationship, the affiliation will be ended.
2. Moving Dirt – Tabled.
3. 2012-13 goal setting; Choose a manageable number of goals to work on this year, e.g. solidifying process & have a plan for recruiting to directors group.
Reviewed all of the proposed tasks from the Strategic Plan of 2010 and conclude that we had achieved or were working on all the significant ones. But that the five below might be appropriate goals for 2012-13.
Voted to choose 2. One of which would be the organizational follow-through required by becoming a Chapter.
Trail Etiquette – 0 votes
Recruitment to Leadership Core, including Crew Leaders – 8 votes
Maximizing Volunteers/Volunteer Communication – 9 votes
Community Partnerships – 3 votes
We chose Recruitment to Leadership Core unanimously because after looking at the Recruitment Process that had been developed earlier it was decided that by focusing on this goal we could also make progress on the Maximizing Volunteers goal.
Frank volunteered to work on community partnerships.
4. IMBA Trail Care Crew – Is it something we want to consider for 2012-13? Frank, Bob and Bill say “yes!” Will investigate options at the IMBA Summit at Santa Fe. And make a decision at October meeting.
5. Guidelines for being a CCCMB sponsor – do we need some? Do we care? Tabled. To be worked on at a later date. Greg will respond to inquiry about law firm sponsorship.
V News-worthy items for e-newsletter and/or website
Frank is beginning to plan for TrailWerks.
VIII Next Meeting: October 16, 2012, 5:30 p.m.